Lessons From The Road: Musicians As Business Leaders
by Todd Pasternack
"If the conventional business gurus are failing you, maybe it's time to listen to a different drummer. Literally. Todd Pasternack and the musicians he plays with in this book will open your mind and your ears to great business solutions."
―Rob Schwartz, CEO at TBWA\\Chiat\\Day NY
It's tough to measure success for something that doesn't exist yet
The language of music meets the language of business in this unorthodox examination of the influences and impact that creativity, improvisation, and collaboration have within an organization.
Through interviews with successful business people who also were (or still are) professional musicians, musician/ad tech thought-leader Todd Pasternack leads readers through Lessons From The Road: Musicians As Business Leaders using real-world stories "from the road" to help today's business leaders find fresh ideas to bring back to their organizations to create innovative products and solutions, build stronger teams, and more quickly connect dots in unexpected and valuable ways.
Featuring Interviews with:
- Rob Avery, Scala, Digitas Health and bass player for Boysetsfire
- Jimmy Chamberlin, CEO of Blue J Strategies and drummer for the Smashing Pumpkins
- Reid Genauer, CMO at Magisto and guitar and vocals for Assembly of Dust
- Anurag Gulati, Uber, Facebook, studio owner and engineer
- Cat Kolodij, Progressive Insurance, guitar and vocals for Working
- Michael Lowenstern, R/GA, bass clarinet
- Naomi Margolin, Armada Global, vocalist with Sam Moore and Mark Newman Band
- Glenn Rosenstein, Wealthpoint Financial Group, record label president and record producer
- Derek Richmond, Prettybird, guitarist
- Al Schnier, guitar and vocals for moe.
Rare Bird Books
Paperback, July 20 2017: ISBN: 978-1941729243
US $17.95 | Business/Nonfiction
After being a professional musician for over ten years (writing, recording, producing, touring internationally) Todd Pasternack had the unbelievably good fortune of becoming just as passionate about creating with code and technology as he was with musical instruments. Todd transitioned full-time into digital marketing design, development, and ultimately strategy and product development.
Over the years, Todd has consulted on advertising technology for brands and agencies such as Ford, Apple, Showtime, Nike, American Express, Coke, R/GA, W+K, BBDO, and built and grew relationships with strategic, technology and publisher partners such as Facebook, Microsoft, Adobe, Twitter, Comcast, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CBSi, and others.
When Todd isn't geeking out on ad tech, he's spending time with his wife and two sons in Palo Alto, CA. You may also find him playing guitar and singing alongside his wife on bass and vocals in one of their music projects.