PUBLICITY MANAGER - New York, NY - Full Time
ARCHER is a New York-Los Angeles based publishing company positioned to leverage best practices in traditional publishing with all the new opportunities now available. ARCHER Publishing provides top of the line publishing programs for select authors including editorial development, design, publicity, marketing and global distribution through PGW. ARCHER services create connections between authors and audiences by combining traditional book publicity with digital marketing and live events. ARCHER specializes in narrative nonfiction, personal narrative, and literary fiction with a special interest in narrative medicine, wellness, spirituality and business. Authors whose works are being publishing by ARCHER include Sylvia Ann Hewlett, Don Katz, Kit DesLauriers, Jeff Price and others. In addition, several organizations and companies are now publishing partners with ARCHER and are distributed, promoted and marketed by ARCHER.
ARCHER is a privately-held company located in New York City and Los Angeles. ARCHER is expanding and growing and is looking for experienced and passionate talent to join the team. While we are experiencing growth and all the intensity that comes with expansion and reaching for success, our culture is open, flexible and relaxed with a team who feel passionate and care deeply about literature, storytelling and the culture of publishing. ARCHER's leadership is highly-experienced and well-connected in the industry. The team has easy and ready access to senior management and works hand-in-hand to create great product and ensure team success.
To find out more information visit our website at http://www.archerlit.com.
ARCHER is seeking a full time experienced publicist. Person must have 3-5 years experience in book publicity, be able to work independently with a fast moving bi-coastal virtual team.
ARCHER PUBLICITY MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Oversees all publicity efforts for ARCHER imprint and ARCHER services
- Manage publicity department, oversee projects are moving through the publicity process according to designated timelines.
- Oversees galley mailings and additional mailings for finished books working closely with RBL team
- Spearheads all pitching, focus on major review attention, national media, radio (NPR focus), online, and radio working closely with RBL team
- Creates pitch materials for upcoming and backlist titles
- Create targeted mailing lists per project
- Manage media update / updated weekly
- Main point person for author for all media outreach
- Available for weekly calls with select clients
- Weekly calls with ARCHER team, point person is Lisa Weinert
- Oversees all publicity updates, schedules, and media outreach, continuously updating in house Coverage Overview and Media Links text document for client campaign update
- Start date Immediately.
- Starting Salary: competitive w/ incentive based bonus at the end of year
- 2 weeks vacation
- 2 personal days
- All major holidays